Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just when you think.....

life is about to get a little easier, oh, what was I thinking, this is my life and I should learn to not hope for the impossible. What am I talking about you ask? Well when all this transition stuff started for preschool I had high hopes that I would take the girls to school at 8am pick them up at 1:30 and be done for the day, no therapies, no home visits, just maybe a little normalcy. Ha, what is normal? That word does not, has not and probably will not exist in my life, not now, not ever, so here is what our new schedule looks like starting on Monday:

M-F school for Ali/Lauren 8-1:30
Tues Taylor in school 9-3, Ali PT 3:30 to 4:30
Wedn Taylor dance 4-5
Thurs Taylor in school 9-4, Lauren OT 2:45-3:45
Fri Taylor dance 4-5

So after hoping and wishing for free afternoons once preschool started, I am once again going to be driving back and forth the same two days a week for therapies. Oh well, at least it didn't get worse and I have to be thankful for the fact that they are receiving so much therapy through the state and school district.

On a different note, Lauren and Alison had their 3 year physicals and for the first time ever Alison weighs more then Lauren. Alison 22.3 lbs 34" Lauren 21.12 lbs 33.5"

Taylor went for her semi-annual appt with her endocrinologist at Children's Hospital LA on Monday and she is doing well. Her height and weight are in sync, although for a 6-7 year old but at least her weight was better this time. She is 48.5" and 66 lbs she grew 1.4 inches and gained 3 lbs in 6 months. Typically she has been growing 2" every 6 months, so finally it seems to have slowed down. We had a another bone age done while there and she is still at about 6 years old in her bone calcification, so that has not increased in 6 months either. In October her bone age was 1.5 years ahead of her. So for now we just continue to monitor her every 6 months. It's kind of interesting how Taylor is ahead in growth and Lauren and Alison are behind, see once again "Normal" does not exist in our lives!

Take care....

1 comment:

M William said...

God bless Sharon. You are a wonderful Mommy. April was certainly a busy month with the 5 Wykoffs.
I hope things become a little more routine with time. Lydia and I really appreciate the photos. Believe me, it is worth the time to take them and post them.
Love, Grandpa Wykoff & Lydia