Lauren is doing very well, nothing new to report, in Lauren's world that is great news. She has been steadly gaining weight and is up to 29 lbs and looking so tall.
Taylor is keeping busy with all her after school activities. She is taking a drawing class, girl scouts, and playing an oompa loompa in the school play of Willy Wonka, and taking her swimming lessons. Swimming is her favorite and she has been taking lessons thru the city's rec program for 3 years and she is a really great swimmer, which is a necessity living so close to the ocean. Although she hates the ocean, but I am kinda of glad since it is so dangerous. I remember moving here at the age of 30 and being so scared of the powerful waves.
Skylor is now 9 months old and a spitfire. She weighs 21 lbs and is 28.5 inches long. She is so energetic and happy, changing her diaper is like wrestling an aligator in a mud pit, she will not lay still and thinks it is SO funny. She is a great little sleeper (like all my girls) she sleeps from 5:30 pm to 6am, with one or two naps during the day depending on the therapy schedule. She is power crawling everywhere and is starting to pull herself up, but still only to her knees. She eats well and is able to use her pincer grasp to put puffs in her mouth. She loves to play peek-a-boo and hide and seek around the couch with anyone. She loves to growl like a monster and scream when you put her in her "baby jail".
Taylor just announced that "Skylor is ruining my life, even though she is cute and everything" Taylor is trying to play with her pet shops and Skylor is trying to eat them all :0)
Have a great weekend!
2 comments:
Hurrah for Alison. Everyone is so proud of you! Both Ali and Lauren look so cute with their pony tails. Taylor is growing in leaps and bounds. I don't know if I'll recognize her when I see her. What a busy young lady. I wish I could be there to see her as an oompa loompa in the school play! And then there's "spitfire" crawling all over the place and into everything - - how wonderful!! Miss you all very much. The blog is such a good way to keep folks updated on the girl's happenings. Happy Turkey Day to all!
I am wondering what they teach Taylor in school about Thanksgiving. Native Americans are now anti-Thanksgiving Day and anti-Columbus Day. Squanto was actually more of a world traveller and more knowledgeable than the Pilgrims, speaking English and Spanish as well as his native Patuxent.
I am looking forward to seeing videos of Taylor's first drama performance. And I will be relieved when Alison is eating normally. Pray for the day.
Lydia and I are still replaying the Halloween videos for a good laugh.
Love, Grandpa Wykoff
Post a Comment