Sunday, January 23, 2011

Catch Up.....

Here is a little catch up since my last post a long long time ago.......let's do it with photos.....

A game of flag football with the neighbors on Christmas Eve morning
Christmas morning



 Christmas with the cousins :0)
 Then the not so pleasant arrived.....double ear infection
 The lice treatment (only Lauren was lucky enough to actually have the little critters, but everyone got a treatment)  If anyone needs a great non-toxic way to rid themselves of lice check out this website http://www.nuvoforheadlice.com/
 A little sillyness during the craziness...
 Taylor and Daddy went for her bi-annual trip to the endocrinologist in Hollywood.....
 Skylor's first time at the beach, hard to believe since we live only 2 minutes away...
 Enjoying her carrots

 Love LA, really?

A little update on Lauren, we started her on her anti-seizure meds and once she gets used to the increased dose the seizures sneak back in, which was today, we haven't seen any in two-three weeks and then this weekend she was having 3-4 a day again.  Very frustrating.  She is scheduled for a video EEG at UCLA on Feb 4 so we will see what that brings.  On a happier note, we went for her orthro appt last week and let me tell you I have been dreading this appt!  We have been very worried that she would need hip surgery to fix her dislocated right hip.  She had soft-tissue surgery last January in hopes of preventing the bone surgery at that time her hip was 60% dislocated, then at her 6 month follow-up the doctor was not pleased that her hip had only improved to 40% dislocation and he mentioned her needing the bone surgery if things did not improve at 1year.  After x-rays were done the doctor announced everything looks "good", Good meaning her hip improved to only 10-15% dislocation, WOOHOO!!!!  So she dodged one bullet.....

Till next time.....

3 comments:

Learning As I Go Blog said...

Hi Sharon!!! It's Danielle from the TTTS boards. I love your blog and so enjoyed reading it. You are so blessed to have four cute blond bombshells! :) What fun! I couldn't remember when your twins were born...14 weeks early!! WOW! What a miracle. My boys were 10 weeks early and Ben was really growth restricted. Only 1 pound, 13 ounces at 30 weeks. Us TTTS moms sure have a bond!

Ohhh thanks for the "green" lice tip. I am going to hold onto that one. :)
Danielle

M William said...

TTTS moms must be a source of real solace. Are the boards subdivided geographically? Do you ever get to actually meet any of the other parents? I can imagine that much useful information could be communicated.
As an outsider looking in, I can only say you are doing a marvelous job and really appreciate this blog. We realize that there are only 24 hrs in every busy day but we missed seeing the postings over the past few weeks!
Love, Grandpa Wykoff & Lydia

M William said...

Hey, Taylor! Did you scare the endocrinologist when you dressed up like Groucho Marx? I bet the good doctor had to laugh. I did.
Love, Grandpa Wykoff