Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hopeful.....

Had to take the girls to the pediatrician today for various reasons and she had gotten the blood work back from the lab and according to Lauren's hormone levels she is NOT in puberty!!  No results on the bone age yet but the blood work is very exciting.  Last week when I took the girls to the GI doctor he said that one of the medications (reglan) that she takes for reflux can cause early breast development.  Seems like all the pieces are coming together except for the seizures, I guess they are what they are and based on her MRI anything is possible.  Now we will just hope for seizure control with her current meds and wait and see what the EEG shows in a couple of weeks.

Taylor and Alison have been enjoying Camp Escapades this week.  Here are a few pictures of their first day.  I was emotional that morning, just seeing all these "special" kids getting to experience camp is just such an incredible thing to see.  I wish Lauren could participate, but I think it was best she didn't.

Love this picture!  Alison was so excited and Taylor was telling her how much fun they would have together.

 Here is the line-up of wheelchairs, wagons, and special needs strollers to use if the kids had mobility issues.  (this is what got me all emotional)


The moon bouncer was the first thing they saw and that's all Tay needed :0) to see to be excited

This is Ali and her one-on-one big buddy for the week and her name is also Ally :0)

This is Taylor and her big buddy Uswah

1 comment:

Taughannock said...

Boy can I see why you would get emotional! It's so great nowadays how physically handicapped children can enjoy having fun just like all kids. It looks like Ali and Tay will have a great time at camp. Keep us posted.
Love - hugs - kisses to all!