Dear Lauren,
It's been 2 long months since we held you and said goodbye, and we all miss you oh so much! Your sisters always talk about you, almost like you are still here, but then they end it with "I miss Lauren". Just today we all sat and looked at your pictures and videos, you were such a happy, beautiful little earth angel. Everyone we talk to that knew you always remembers your smile, a smile that could melt hearts. You gave us 6 years and 7 months of pure love, you never knew anything but love and I know you knew and felt it all around you every second of every day that you were with us. We have no regrets, we know you had the best 6+ years that we could have given you. A few years back you went to Disneyland 11 times in one year. How many kids can say that? You loved all the rides that Daddy and I could carry and hold you on, your favorites were "It's a Small World" and "Pirates of the Caribbean".
Taylor drew the above picture of you on her dry-erase board in her bedroom a few days ago. She misses you so much, she loved you so much more then you might have known, but we always knew. When she draws pictures of the family you are always in them, as our angel. Alison, I know misses you the most, I mean half of her is not here sharing a bedroom and sharing clothes. You are not here for her to give you the kisses and hugs she used to give you when no one was looking. She doesn't ask or talk much about you very much since I am sure she knows you are always in her heart and you watch out for her every second of the day. Just yesterday I found her crying for no apparent reason and she wouldn't tell me what was wrong, she didn't need to, I knew. Skylor talks about you all the time, you two had such a special bond since she came home from the hospital. I know she doesn't understand what happened to you, she only knows you as her perfect big sister. She never knew you any other way, she always says, "Lauren couldn't walk, talk or eat, but I love Lauren and I miss her".
I just want you to know that even though a part of me died with you two months ago, that I will be okay. I will take care of your sisters and make you proud. I always told you that you were my hero, and that is still the case. Your were one brave little girl, the things you endured since day one, no one should have to go through in a lifetime. I am so proud that you are my precious angel, 6 years in my arms and forever and a day in my heart!
I love you and miss you so much my baby!!!
Love, Momma
2 comments:
Dear Lauren,
I couldn't be there with you every day but when I visited you I could tell what a happy little girl you always were. I can still hear your laughter with the "snorts" cause you were laughing so hard. You were always such a beautiful, happy girl with everyone's love surrounding you. Here on earth, you are sorely missed by everyone but, as an angel now, you are free from your enduring pain, and happy in the heavens above! You will always be missed and in our hearts forever.
Love always, Grandma Teresa
When I read this beautiful description of a grieving but happy family, I confess I cannot hold back the tears of happiness and sadness all rolled into one.
Love, Grandpa Wykoff
Post a Comment