Thursday, August 5, 2010

10 years ago today....

I boarded a plane leaving the only place I had ever known in 30 years, leaving all my family and friends, 10 years ago I started the adventure of my life. I can still see my parents standing at the fence at the airport as the plane took off, tears running down my mother's face as they watched their baby move 3,000 miles away. I miss "home" but I love my life here and if I had never stepped on that plane 10 years ago what would I have.....well nothing that I have now, the best husband and four of the most beautiful girls.
So here is my update in photos for the past few weeks......
This is what happens when you leave Taylor and Skylor alone for 2 minutes :0)
Daddy set up a little tent for the girls to watch a movie under...
The simple things in life Lauren CAN enjoy....a tootsie pop!
My oldest and my baby.....
Now I know what my reason for spending oodles of $$$$ on beanie babies when I was in my 20's was for...
We mastered sitting up.... Skylor went to the doctor's for her 6 months checkup and she weighs 18lbs 2 oz and is 26"
Till next time.....

2 comments:

Taughannock said...

10 years ago - - yes the tears were running down my face then having you move so far away - - and the reminder today has the tears running down my face again. I guess happiness is where the heart goes and yours is now in CA with your "best" husband and 4 beautiful girls. Miss you all. Much love - hugs - kisses!

M William said...

10 years goes pretty fast; it is already one year since I left Ithaca with Lydia after spending most of my life there since 1966. I have so many memories of Aaron in Ithaca settings when he was the age of his daughters, my only grandchildren. I wish I had as many photographs of Aaron as Sharon now has of the Wykoff sisters. Home is where you hang your hat. My heart is still in Ithaca, but Rochester has some advantages and Lydia is making progress in her career. Keep up the photographic record, and the wonderful commentary. It is not as good as being there to interact everyday, but the journals are very well done, indeed.
Love, Grandpa Wykoff