I was fine until they sang "I believe I can fly....." and then it ended and all the children found their Moms and that is when I lost it, I should be watching two of them sing, or I should be watching Ali sing knowing Lauren is safe and happy at her school or I should be happy because the fact that my 1 lb miracle is in regular kindergarten and singing. I guess I was crying for all those reasons. And so the Mother's Day weekend began, a weekend filled with many highs and many lows. As if 24 hrs wasn't enough to endure this year I got a whole weekend of it slapped right across my face.
After Ali's then I had to rush down the hill to get to Skylor's Mother's Day Fiesta. All the preschool kids sang songs like M-O-M-M-Y to the tune of BINGO and you get the point, simple and extremely cute.
Then came the Mariachi Band and the dancers while we feasted on street tacos, rice, beans and Mexican ice cream.
This is Skylor and her bestie Alexandra and one of her teachers Miss Marisa
Today was filled with fruit and dips made by Taylor and she made a yummy strawberry cheesecake parfait for us for desert. She has been taking a cooking class after school and loves it and loves recreating the recipes at home, lucky for us.
We played outside most of the day, it was beautiful out. Skylor enjoyed her "Mother's Day" by bathing her baby outside.
We finished the day with a water balloon fight....girls against Daddy, obviously Daddy didn't stand a chance. Unfortunately, no pictures were taken....
And lastly because I refuse to do a blog post without including my precious Lauren and because I failed terribly at blogging last year. I feel so lucky to have been able to celebrate Mother's Day last year with my precious Lauren, her teacher held a tea for the Mom's for the first time last year, Lauren and Alison had been in her class for the previous 2 years and looking back I am so so happy she chose to do this since it was the first and only for me and Lauren to celebrate together.
Till next time.....
3 comments:
Wonderful pictures celebrating MOMS - - present and past with darling Lauren. All schools should have a mother celebration. It does appear that Taylor is becoming quite the cook. I'm certain her dishes taste as good as they appear in the pix. I'm sure she'll whip up something special for when I visit. Love to all!!
I read this today and thought of you.
http://www.hopesmilingbrightly.com/2013/05/today-is-day.html?m=1
I just love the picture of Skylor bathing her baby. :)
I heartily approve of Taylor learning to cook at her young age. I never learned and regret it. I might have even liked it if I had started early. Learning to like it is the most important part.
Love, Grandpa Wykoff
Post a Comment