Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What should have been but wasn't.....

Today should have been Lauren's first day of 2nd grade.  She should have woke of this morning, got dressed, fed, packed her backpack, put her new shoes on, posed for her first day of school picture by the front door and waited eagerly for the school bus, BUT she didn't get to do any of it.

I opened my eyes this morning, dreading yet another "first".  They are killers to the mind. The girls and I busied the day with barbies and shopping.  Then I wondered why I was drawn to the kitchen window at 3pm.  Then I realized why...waiting for the bus that never came to bring her home with all her first day excitement.  When does the pain end, I know it never, ever will, maybe it will get less intense but when?

1 comment:

M William said...

Yes, the pain will be less intense with time. It is normal to feel the pain of loss. It is also normal for the pain to to be replaced by present and future celebrations. With three wonderful daughters, you will have more than the average number of firsts to celebrate in the coming years. Look forward to it. You have much to give. The good spirit of Lauren never intended for you to suffer indefinitely. You will not dwell in the past forever. Rejoice in what you have threefold. Celebrate each new day with a wonderful and supportive family. You and they deserve the best.
Love, Grandpa Wykoff