Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Greetings!

Once again it's been awhile...lots going on with the girls transititon to pre-school and Lauren's GI issues. We are scheduled for their IEP (individualized education plan) on March 31 and also Lauren is scheduled for her GI endoscopy w/biopsies and PH testing that morning. Of course it is NOT ideal that they are both on the same day but neither one can wait. SO BE IT....we'll do it all in the same day, both and Aaron and I will go to the hospital with Lauren and then I (sharon) will drive back up for the girls IEP's at 1pm while Aaron stays with Lauren, Rosa with Alison and Taylor will thankfully be at pre-school unaware of it all.

The past few weeks have been consumed with evaluations from the school districts therapists, psychologists, feeding specialists etc....I know I am tired of repeating the same things over and over to different people. Next week all these people will gather at the IEP meeting along with teachers, their CCS therapists, our regional center rep.. There haven't been this many people gathered for Lauren and Alison since their birth 3 years ago :0) So stay tuned for the news....

And of course Lauren still refuses to eat like she should, she hasn't gained any weight in 5 months and Alison is catching up to her. They have always been about 1.5-2 lbs apart. Right now it's only about 1 lb. Lauren is weighing 21.9 lbs and Alison 20.8.

Onto happier things.... Taylor is enjoying staying home MWF with me and it has been awesome getting to be with her, I feel like I have missed out on her for the past 3 years since the twins were born. I signed her up for Kindergarten Round-Up for April 27, so we will go look at her new elementary school and meet the teachers etc. She is really excited about it. We also took Lauren and Alison to Disneyland a few weeks ago for the first time. They loved it, both really enjoyed It's a Small World ride and it felt so great to go as a whole family. Enjoy the pictures!
My Beautiful 5 year old Taylor, where did my baby go......




At Disneyland...Taylor must take after mommy, look at that face when asked to pose for a picture......

But Mommy I don't want to leave......This was about 2 minutes after leaving..... Goodnite Ali!

1 comment:

M William said...

So sorry to hear about Gunther. We are naturally concerned about Lauren not eating and gaining no weight. We will be anxious to know the news after the big date on the 31st. Great pics! Bless you way out there in the City of Angels.
Love, Bill & Lydia